Director of Engineering
The Director of Engineering manages:
- All the operational technical support of the hotel activities with a team of 5-8 technicians.
- All the contractors and suppliers contracted
- The physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Coaches and supports maintenance team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Manages and controls heat, light and power.
- Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand’s business strategy.
- Develops and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
These tasks are main tasks and will be completed by complementary tasks.
Specific skills for the job:
- Knowledge and required skills
- Higher Vocational working and thinking level.
- Application-oriented knowledge of electricity, gas, water, construction, etc;
- Knowledge of catering-related safety and environmental aspects and facilities and (statutory) reports.
Sincere: Can easily develop effective and positive relationships with others. Makes a positive first impression, shows his or her presence and is credible. Is sincerely interested in people and therefore the bond is personal.
Passion for people and environment: Identifies and understands the wishes of others. Focuses on making these wishes come true to satisfy others. Enjoys making people happy, is proactive and responds instinctively to other people's wishes.
Open to change: can adapt well to new situations and ways of working. Is receptive to change is willing to approach this change as effectively as possible. Takes the initiative to contribute to it.
Stress resilient: remains calm, controlled and positive when working under pressure. Stays focused on the job. Feels at ease in a busy, demanding environment; is not easily shaken, stands firm. Has empathy but does not relate to his own person.
Courage: is resourceful and approaches problems with innovative solutions. Looks beyond the usual methods. Dares to give and receive feedback. Uses contemporary SOPs as a guideline and knows when to deviate from the traditional. Shows commitment and enthusiasm.
Natural curiosity: actively seeks opportunities for self-development. Shows an interest in people and their environment/work. Shows genuine interest.
Leadership: is involved with employees and is able to identify talents in individuals. Provides support in a positive way and gives people room to give their own input in order to achieve results. Encourages employees to achieve goals. Instinctively takes responsibility.
Result-oriented: strives to exceed expectations and is focused on achieving results and goals. Is proactive and enterprising in order to get things done. Has a good ability to put things into perspective. Sees opportunities and responds well to them.
- Hoofd Technische Dienst